Wednesday, June 13, 2007


In a few days Owen Michael is going to be baptized. It just happens to be on Father's Day. He is 8 weeks old and growing big and strong. Some of the family and friends are going to sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "Oh, how He loves you and me". Grandpa Paul is offering a prayer for Owen.

Today I sat at the piano, after watering the garden, and practiced the song, very familiar, but with a new accompiament. It was very lovely and I pictured us all standing around Owen on Sunday morning, promising to care for him and instruct him and love him into the Kingdom. Towards the end I had tears freely flowing. It is such a special privilege to be part of the Body of Christ, and this little one will be as welcomed as his dad, grandpas, and great-grandpas have been.

So sleep, little Owen and dream of all the host of God's people who care for you already.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I feel the same way each time I look at one of our kids. We are so blessed to have family so near, who are willing to help us raise thes precious gifts. Love you,
K